The Zen Kitchen Server Assistant maintains an organized dining room environment and clean stations and equipment which will be used to assist the servers in addressing guests' needs and requests. The incumbent should be able to anticipate guests' needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience.
The Zen Kitchen Server Assistant reports directly to the Food and Beverage Manager.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
· Checks assigned station before, during and after shift for proper set up and cleanliness
· Responsible for the completion of designated side work checklists (both opening and closing)
· Bus tables and re-sets tables for the next guest. Pick-up clean linen for service and drop-off soiled linen for washing to determined area
· Ensure stewarding breakdown station is tidy and plates/glass/silverware are separated
· Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
· Assist guests courteously and efficiently
· Keep chairs and banquet area clean and clear of debris
· Respond to guest requests in a timely manner
· Set up side station with sugar bowls, water pitches, bread and butter etc. established in the side work sheet
· Ensure that all silver is polished and spotless
· Follow the cleaning program for the restaurant established in the side work sheet
· Up keep and clear tables between courses throughout the meal
· Delivery of food from kitchen to guest's tables, including tray service
· Assist in setting up tables according to floor plan
· Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
· Attend all food and beverage training classes when requested to
· Wish each guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming
· Must be aware at all times what type of water each guest in his/her station is drinking
· Responsible for keeping the dining room floors free of debris and spilled liquids
· Responsible for resetting all tables to our standard throughout the shift
· Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
· Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
· Attend monthly department meeting
· Have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a luxury fine dining establishment
· Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays
· Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
· Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation
· Have a good knowledge of wine
· Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
· Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
· Have excellent communication and organization skills
· Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
· Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
· Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
· Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
· Must work as a team player and assist server when needed
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!