The Zen Kitchen Host Person will handle reservations and inquiries about the restaurant while recording all special requests and guest preferences in order to ensure our guests consistently enjoy a delightful dining experience. He/She will assist in the seating of guests and provide occasional assistance to guests in regards to menu items.
The Zen Kitchen Host Person reports directly to the Food and Beverage Manager.
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
· Accept accurate and complete reservations
· Assist and greet colleagues and guests in a professional manner
· Use guest names and communicate them to the team members to ensure five
Star/five diamond service
· Assist in monitoring all guest needs and communicating them accordingly
· Assist management team as needed
· Follow the posted opening and closing duties
· Take accurate and complete reservations
· Provide excellent service at all times
· Set and maintain the dining room environment and material perfectly clean
· To have necessary knowledge of menu items to assist guest occasionally
· Assist guest and colleagues courteously and efficiently
· Use the guest name appropriately and communicate it to restaurant team members and managers so that they can use it as well
· Coordinate set menus for small groups and distribute copies of the event form accordingly
· Inform restaurant managers on a daily basis of reservations forecast
· Share information of all upcoming events with the concierge team
· 1-2 years previous experience as a host/hostess/manager within a luxury food and
· Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
· Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes am, pm, weekends and
· Must have proper phone etiquette and maintain hotel standards
· Must have a working knowledge of computers
· Must have working knowledge and experience using opentable.com
· Maintain proper grooming standards, appearance and demeanor
· Ability to handle multiple guest requests
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!