To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality – by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time.
To be the most hospitable company in the world – by creating heartfelt experiences for Guests, meaningful opportunities for Team Members, high value for Owners and a positive impact in our communities.
H ospitality : We are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences
I ntegrity: We do the right thing, all the time
L eadership: We are leaders in our industry and community
T eamwork: We are team players in everything we do
O wnership: We are the owners of our actions and decisions
N ow: We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
HILTON BRAND PROMISE
To ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.
Working on a 24-hour rotating roster the role of Shift Engineer is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the safety and comfort of the hotel’s guests and team through the maintenance operations for exterior and interior facilities, by performing electrical / mechanical and other maintenance as necessary.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· To ensure the correct operation of all hotel/plant/building equipment and advise Facilities Manager regarding any maintenance and action items, with particular focus on electrical / mechanical equipment and services.
· To be flexible and available to work on a 24-hour rotating roster as required.
· Review and action “HotSOS device” maintenance requests as required. Follow-up on requests and ensure efficient resolution.
· Regularly Monitor and Inspect all major equipment/plant and complete logs as required.
· Take utility meter readings as required by the Chief Engineer.
· Complete general maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preservations as required or directed.
· Support and assist the Hilton Brisbane team in any way to ensure guest comfort.
· Work with other maintenance personnel to maintain equipment to agreed schedules, procedures and standards
· Providing technical support as required for problem solving maintenance issues within the electrical / mechanical discipline
· Maintain a service orientated attitude and culture to both guests and internal customers.
· Monitor the performance and standards of work carried out by contracting personnel as required.
· Comply and refer to the hotel’s fire, safety and evacuation policy and procedures In the event of a fire alarm.
· Follow Workplace Health & Safety procedures to eliminate incidents or accidents in the workplace.
· Comply with hotel standards in relation to hygiene and personal presentation.
· Attend any training sessions and monthly communication meetings as advised by the Manager.
· Perform any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Chief Engineer.
Ideal candidate profile
· Superior electrical / mechanical fault finding skills
· A successful background in an electrical / mechanical trade
· Good electrical / mechanical aptitude with experience in Hotel, Retail or Facilities Management environments
· Experience in Refrigeration, HVAC, pump and rotating equipment repairs is desired.
· Basic computer literacy
· To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with both internal and external customers always in mind.
· To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility, initiative, and using reasonable judgement to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and colleagues.
· To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
· To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
· Excellent time management and prioritising skills with the ability to work autonomously when required.
· To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
· To contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational/environmental procedures in the Hotel.
· To wear the correct attire and maintain a neat, clean appearance as specified in the Grooming Standards of the Employee Handbook.
· To actively promote the services and facilities of the Hilton Hotels to guests and suppliers of the Hotel.
· To observe all policies and procedures of the Hilton Brisbane as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Hilton Policy Manual.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
· Working in a safe and healthy manner and encouraging the safe behaviour of their peers.
· Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of people (other employees, contractors, guests, members of the public) at the Hilton Brisbane.
· Keeping their work area safe, clean and tidy, as per the OHS policy.
· Participate in OHS committee meetings, if instructed response rehearsals and all OHS training.
· To immediately report to their direct supervisor, all potential incidents / hazards which cause injury, ill health or damage and to actively participate in programs undertaken to eliminate or control such hazards.
· Undertake rehabilitation and return to work program requirements, if injured.
· Wearing and maintaining all Personal Protective equipment.
· Cooperate with Hilton regarding any requirement that is enforced in the interests of health, safety and welfare at work.