A Pool Attendant is responsible for ensuring a clean, safe and fun environment for guests at the pool in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Pool Attendant, you would be responsible for ensuring a clean, safe and fun environment for guests at the pool in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Greet guests and attend to their pool-related needs including, but not limited to, getting fresh towels, relocating chairs and/or umbrellas, confirming registration and issuing recreational equipment, etc.
· Clean the pool area including, but not limited to, ashtrays, furniture, tables, decks, pool tiles, shower tiles, slide tiles, rocks and cabanas
· Collect and replenish pool towels and monitor inventory to minimize loss
· Maintain equipment including, but not limited to, umbrellas, speakers, rafts, pool toys, etc.
· Monitor use of the facility and address and/or report potential hazards
· Respond to guest inquiries and service issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
· Perform general Recreation duties, as needed
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
High School diploma preferred.
1 year customer service experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
Ability to obtain CPR Certificate and First Aid training
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Knowledge and ability to lead guest programs and events.
· Ability to maintain an engaging presence both on and off stage and entertains guests in a likeable, professional manner.
· Ability to speak energetically and clearly in a public setting with or without a microphone to an audience of any size. Ability to adjust presentation to audience size.
· Ability to read, listen and communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
· Ability to travel throughout the facility during the shift.
· Ability to operate office equipment (copy machines, fax machines, computers, etc.)
· Ability to effectively interact with guests or other employees, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and solve concerns.
· Must be flexible and adapt easily.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!