The Recreation Attendant position ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by greeting and seating guests at the pool and fitness entrance. The incumbent should be able to anticipate guest needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience as well as work in accordance with the service standards set forth by the management team.
The Recreation Attendant reports directly to the Spa Assistant Director and Spa Director.
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
· Offer the highest level of personalized service while maintaining a gracious, enthusiastic, helpful and professional attitude with all guests and team members
· Greeting guests and directing them to the Pool entrance or Fitness and Wellness Center
· Gain preference of seating by offering Cabana, Sun or Shade
· Enter poolside guests into Open Table or communicate with Pool Hostess for seamless F&B service
· Be responsible for setting up lounge chairs and cabanas
· Assist guests with sun shades (umbrella) location, set-up and maintenance throughout the day.
· Delivering clean towels and removing all soiled towels for pool and fitness center.
· Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
· Check on daily amenities per hour and deliver to guest
· Setup and maintain the pool environment and material perfectly clean as per side work checklist description
· Maintain fitness facility by performing necessary housekeeping duties (picking up towels, cups, shower & bathroom area, vanity area and all surrounding areas).
· Ability to give orientation tours and describe the fitness equipment to all guests entering the fitness and wellness center.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced indoor/outdoor environment while maintaining a calm appearance.
· Keep all pool deck areas, fitness center and locker rooms clean and free of debris
· Follow Waldorf Astoria grooming and appearance guidelines while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
· Attend all pre shift communication meetings
· Attend monthly department meeting as required
· Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays
· Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
· Be able to relate to all levels of guests and team members
· Have excellent communication and organization skills
· Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
· Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed, patient and thorough manner
· Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
· Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
· Must work as a team player and assist when needed
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!