Our team members are changing the world one stay at a time. As a guest services professional in the world's best known hotel brand you'll have more than just a job, you'll bring your expertise to welcome and care for every guest and provide superior services to surprise and delight our guests.
The Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences offer the unique combination of the luxury and benefits of Hilton, with the energy of Surfers Paradise.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter, you are will serve on the Guest Services and Front Office Teams to meet Guest needs upon arrival and departure and to provide a comfortable stay for Guests by accommodating requests for information and assistance throughout the hotel. A Porter will complete the following tasks:
Welcome Guests on arrival and assist them during their stay
Manage Guest luggage
Show guests to their rooms and explain the amenities and emergency procedures
Receive and deliver mail and messages for the hotel and Guests
Prepare the lobby information board on a daily basis
Maintain current information on all hotel services as well as external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
Provide support to the Concierge Team as required in cases of emergency
Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and Guest service
Ideal candidate profile
What we are looking for?
A Porter serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous experience working within the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
· Excellent personal presentation
· Strong communication skills
· Energetic and enthusiastic
· Attention to detail
· Full Driver's License required
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! We offer:-
· A competitive salary
· Complimentary duty meals
· An investment in your wellbeing to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for “what matters most”
· Flexible working options allowing you to balance your family and work life commitments
· Access to Go Hilton, our Team Member Travel Program offering heavily discounted room rates and up to 50% off food and beverage at participating hotel outlets across our properties globally!
· Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
· Extensive leadership and career development opportunities
Hilton was named the #1 Hotel chain in the Great Places to Work survey 2017, 2018 & 2019!