DoubleTree Dunblane Hydro now recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef who is eager to learn and would like to take their career to the next level.
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
The hotel only 10 mins walk from the train station and 30 minutes from Glasgow or 45 minutes from Edinburgh.
Why join the Hilton family as a Junior Sous Chef ?
· “It's your world”– Your next role could be as a Sous Chef over 100 different countries
· Personal Development programmes
· Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
What will I be doing?
· Team of 17 chefs
· Contracted for 39 hours a week
· Contribute to menu creation
· Manage and train the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organised and motivated team
· Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
· Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Sous Chef
· Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas
· Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team
· Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
· Knowledge of activities in other departments and implications
· Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
What are we looking for?
· Previous Junior Sous Chef or Strong Chef de Partie experience
· Approaches food in a creative way
· Strong supervisory skills
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
· Excellent grooming standards
· Excellent planning and organising skills
· Willingness to learn
· Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Ideal candidate profile