Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of Great place to work, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team, click on the link below:
Why join the Hilton family as a Shift Engineer?
• It's your world – we work with you to develop a career path
• Personal Development programmes for Supervisors and Managers
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental, health care and shopping
• 28 days holiday, including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Offering a competitive salary: 18000£ to 20000£ yearly salary + Amazing Hilton Benefits
What are we looking for?
• Strong knowledge of building management/engineering
• Drive, Ambition and Integrity
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Previous experience in a management role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• First Aid
• Vocational training in engineering or similar field
What will I be doing?
• Responsible for maintenance issues within the hotel
• Perform daily checks around the hotel
• Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
• Diagnose, maintain and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
• Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
• Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take appropriate action when any unsafe situations arise
• Develop, implement and direct all emergency programmes
• Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property
• Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
• Responsible for the health and safety of the hotel
• Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained accordingly
As a Shift Engineer you will work 5 days per week including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for this role
• We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks with arrangements for interviews.
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will berequired at interview stage
Ideal candidate profile