A Intern in Finance Department is responsible for assisting the accountant in the corporate aspects, tax and accounting, taking care of compliance with current legislation.
What will I be doing?
As a Intern in Finance Department you will be responsible for helping to counter the corporate aspects, tax and accounting, taking into account current legislation. Specifically, you will be assisting in the following activities:
· Assist in the paralegals and corporate procedures
· Ensure, in conjunction with the Accountant, the full functioning of the internal controls
· Performs the accounting closing by the scheduled date
· Assists in compliance with all tax obligations required under law
· Review all tax payments and ensure they correspond to actual recorded amounts
· Ensures the development and submission of reports requested by the regional (P&L)
· Meets requests from the government like: attending country tax authorities in case of fiscalization, elaborates Federal, State and Municipality tax returns, provide information to Central Bank
· Meets the requests of the company's legal counsel providing information and documentation necessary to the cases in progress
· Maintains current accounting reconciliations and requests confirmation of inter hotels account balances periodically
· Controls cash flow to ensure funds are available to pay suppliers
· Do write-off the bank payments of the two entities (HDB and HSPM)
· Assists in periodic audit requests
· Assists in the preparation and submission of tax returns
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
A Intern in Finance Department at Hilton is always working on behalf of our guests and clients and team with your coworkers. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Good written and verbal communication
· Organization / discipline
· Attention and concentration
· Team work
· Positive attitude
· Interest in developing at the area / company
· Ability to work under pressure
· Basic knowledge of computerized financial systems
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, managing priorities
· Degree in Accounting
· Have relevant tax and financial certifications
· Advanced knowledge of computing, especially in Excel
· Fluent in advanced English
· Understanding of corporate legislation
· Understanding of tax legislation
· Previous experience in accounting / finance in the hotel segment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!