Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
The Gucci Store Planning Estimator is responsible for the management of contractual and financial aspects of regional store planning projects. Responsibilities also include preparing and monitoring project budgets, analyzing project labor, material, and time requirements and negotiating/procuring contractual services. The Estimator will work cross functionally with department heads (Operations, Visual, etc.), project managers, sub-contractors and consulting teams to ensure projects are cost effective.
· Price and forecast the cost of the materials and resources needed for the project;
· Analyze historic costs to establish unit cost parameters for future projects;
· Prepare tender documents in partnership with executive architects, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation in relation to construction;
· Track changes of projects and adjust budget projections accordingly;
· Negotiate and procure services of contractors and/or subcontractors;
· Review and challenge change orders from all vendors;
· Liaise with the key partners, such as quantity surveyors, project managers and site engineers;
· Analyze project labor, materials, and time requirements;
· Create and communicate reports and status updates with project stakeholders;
· Attend site meetings throughout project to ensure schedule and cost standards are met;
· Identify potential financial or construction risks;
· Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and cost comparisons.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience;
· Bachelor's/Master's degree in Architecture, Civil/ Structural Engineering, or Construction Management for general construction cost estimation preferred;
· General construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field;
· Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports;
· Experienced compiling and following strict budgets;
· Strong estimating and financial analysis skills;
· In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry;
· Attention to detail and able to meet tight deadlines;
· Must have a good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and basic functions of AutoCAD;
· Good understanding of design drawings and project documentation;
· Knowledge of standard quality means and materials in construction and millwork;
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent negotiating skills;
· Ability to perform quantity take-offs using estimating software such as On-Screen takeoffs, Bluebeam, Revit etc.;
· Travel required.
Gucci America Inc