Demand & Supply Planner (D&SP) responsibilities include demand management, inventory planning and carry over orders definition for specific departments.
D&SP is responsible to analyze demand changes in the business to ensure high accuracy of forecast and to ensure accuracy in inventory level, particularly from the point of view of long/medium term. The process and the responsibility will be concentrated on carry over items.
· Design and generate monthly statistical forecasting models.
· Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensure that processes and methods followed are based on the best practice (continuous improvement of forecasting techniques, methods and approaches).
· Measure the forecast accuracy.
· Control inventory targets approved by management to guarantee the right coverage in order to avoid lost sales or over stock situations.
· Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to create sales forecast according to different layers of analysis: historical sales, market trends, seasonality, advertisements and assortment variation for each Channel.
· Make recommendation of inventory targets adjustments based on changes in demand and market trends.
· Organize forecast and inventory planning meetings with Merchandising Department to review sales forecasts and inventory coverage (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, event, phase in and phase out items).
· Produce order of carry over items to provide Production Departments the inputs to satisfy the demand.
· Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
· Prepare reports and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to the management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
· Develop systems and procedures required to meet service level and inventory objectives.
· Constant interaction with Retail and Merchandising Departments and assessment of demand requirements to reflect changes in SKU forecast level (particularly for top seller).
· Bachelor degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering or related fields
· 2 – 5 years of experience in the role, scheduling, forecasting and planning
· Strong analytical abilities
· Fluent English communication skills
· Proficiency in Excel and Access, and SQL, ERP and statistical software packages
· Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing, operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
· Good communication and team building skills
· Detail oriented
· Extreme accuracy
· Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical skills
· Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics
· Ability to lead cross-functionally
· Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
· Experience in managing end of life cycle and obsolete inventory
GUCCI LOGISTICA S.P.A.