Your Responsibilities :
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our London team as part of the global department of Clinical Pharmacology Modelling & Simulation.
At GSK, we develop therapies of various modalities for a broad range of indications. As a member of a global department with diverse expertise, you will enjoy a highly supportive environment for scientific innovation, business impact and professional growth.
The Quantitative Clinical Pharmacologist role is an excellent opportunity to use quantitative clinical pharmacology to accelerate the delivery of new medicines to patients by enhancing drug program efficiency and business decision quality. This directly supports our mission to help our patients do more, feel better and live longer. The job level will depend on the skills and achievements of the successful candidate.
Day to Day responsibilities will include:
• Plan, execute and report translational drug-disease modelling, exposure-response analysis, simulation-based trial design and population clinical pharmacology
• Contribute to clinical development and registration in terms of program design, trial protocols, analysis plans, study reports and regulatory submissions
• Assess and apply innovative techniques such as longitudinal exposure-response analysis, model-based meta-analysis and item-response analysis to maximise data use, trial efficiency and analytical power
• Present strategy and discuss outcome of model-based approaches via interactions with internal governance boards and regulators
• Promote model-informed drug discovery and development through external collaboration, journal publication and conference presentation
Interested in Applying?
Please note this is a permanent role based at our site at Stockley Park in Uxbridge, Middlesex. This role offers a competitive salary and the GSK benefits package including Bonus, Pension and Healthcare.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: COB – Friday 1st November 2019.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You will possess a doctorate in a field relevant to Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology, and experience in using modelling/simulation to solve practical problems in industry or academia. You will also possess:
• Proven skills in pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic and longitudinal disease modelling; and verifiable proficiency in pharmacometric tools NONMEM, Monolix, R or SAS
• Strong drive and learning agility to build knowledge on a drug-disease system, symptom progression, trial design/endpoints and current treatments
• Demonstrated aptitude for productive collaboration in a multi-discipline team, using effective communication and taking personal accountability for timely delivery of results
• Clear evidence of ability to make sound judgement in complex situations and adapt to changing business needs by prioritising multiple tasks
Why GSK? :
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
The Story of GSK