Your Responsibilities :
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Technician to join the Manufacturing team here at our Consumer Healthcare site in Maidenhead, Berkshire. This role will suit a multi-skilled engineer who has good mechanical skills
The GSK Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Aquafresh, Sensodyne & Macleans, producing in excess of 400,000,000tubes of toothpaste and 18 million bottles of Mouthwash per year for consumers across Europe and the Middle East.
In this role you will assist in the maintenance across our production areas and ensure the continuous production of some of our key Products. You will react rapidly; apply standard approach to fault finding and rectification, to minimize Mean Time To Repair(MTTR). You will help ensure that production equipment is maintained correctly and available to achieve Site Goals.
In addition, your other key responsibilities will also include:
• Follow engineering safe practices e.g. Lock out/Tag out (LOTO), Permit to Work (PTW), Only Takes a Minute RA, Permit Receiver.
• Diagnosing and rectifying of faults, in a timely logical manner, utilising available evidence, tools and techniques.
• Perform corrective and planned maintenance tasks
• Assist and deliver improvement projects to reduce breakdowns.
• Ensure compliance with site standard operating procedures.
• To ensure that GMP, Quality, Health and Safety processes are adhered to in all aspects of the role.
• Work individually and within a team to minimize downtime.
Please Note: This is a permanent role based at our Consumer Healthcare site in Maidenhead, Berkshire. The role works on our Continuous / Continental shift pattern.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 25th October 2019 (COB).
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used inany part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modificationswe may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Relevant qualifications & experience (eg; Time served Apprentice with City & Guilds NVQ (Engineering background level 3 or above))
• Multi-Skilled Training (Mechanical and Electrical training) completed
• Ideally, experience of working in an FMCG environment (eg; proven history of working on similar machinery - Production / Packaging) under pressure to achieve compliance in Safety, Quality and performance.
As per Basic Qualifications
Why GSK? :
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered includes:
• Competitive Salary + Shift Allowance
• Competitive On-Target Bonus
• Personal Healthcare (with the option to purchase family cover)
• GSK Pension
• Share Purchase options
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
The Story of GSK