Requisition ID: 49086
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
Primary Purpose of Position:
· Organize & provide administrative assistance to VP(s), Director(s), GM(s) or Manager(s)) for the orderly administration of office operations in accordance with company policies & corporate objectives. Associates in this position provide administrative assistance & support to management & frequently are responding to inquiries within & outside the company that requires the ability to be tactful & to exercise good judgement.
· This position assists management in their daily activities & helps them to coordinate, administer & process effectively the various departmental, administrative requirements. The assistant will also act as a liaison between management in various administrative matters. Provide a variety of secretarial supporting administrative functions within the guidelines of company policy & office procedures. Work is generally short-cycled & incumbent is allowed to operate under general supervision with limited guidance of VP(s), Director(s), GM(s) or Manager(s).
· Perform typing functions including utilization of these skills: intermediate word processing for letters, patent applications, patent office responses, agreements & various department forms & documents, answer phones, take messages, answer various questions & act as a liaison when directing internal & external customers to proper resources, send mail, open & distribute mail to appropriate associates in a timely fashion. Also, handle sending & receiving faxes, deliveries & electronic mail.
· Assist in managing the departmental budget including monthly & annual forecasting. handles requests from Corporate FP&A & Accounting, prepare invoices & monthly accruals, coordinates monthly budget review with manager.
· Process approved procurements including electronic initiation of process requisitions, maintain office supplies & organize & maintain office systems that facilitate efficiency & effectiveness of the department. Develop, organize & maintain follow up systems that meet the department/division objectives. Maintain & process department/division records & documents of highly sensitive &/or confidential information. Review & analyze data to compile reports & documents in support of department/division business activities.
· Coordinate & arrange manager's travel plans to include scheduling company aircraft or commercial airline flights as well as overnight accommodations & ground transportation.
· Maintain calendar appointments & meetings by scheduling & coordinating appropriate time within the manager's schedule. Take & transcribe dictation, organize & type documents & reports on pc using one or more database software systems.
· High School Diploma
· Associates Degree or higher in business related disciplines
· 5 years progressively administrative experience working with diversified teams in a large & diverse business organization.
· Experienced in developing & implementing control spreadsheets for tracking progress & reporting results, as well as budget administration.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Lotus Notes.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Data Base.
· Advanced knowledge of business writing & report composition.
· Shorthand may be required
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Database, QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Quality