Requisition ID: 49602
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the position
The Equipment Technician may work with small electronics, wiring, vehicle sub-systems (as well as the system as a whole). This position also works with the Engineering Team to provide technical support to Operations and utilizes and maintains equipment needs. In addition, the Equipment Technician will work with the Calibration Technician to maintain ISO 17025 compliant calibration on over 250 instruments and equipment on the ProvingGrounds. Calibrated equipment ranges from thermometers and air gauges to multi-ton scales to speed and distance measuring equipment. The Equipment Technician will perform repairs and preventive maintenance to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, machinery and components. You will determine causes of operating problems, consult schematics and order replacement parts.
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components; while using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Disassemble and evaluate/test electronics and instrumentation to be serviced/repaired/tested/restored/re-assembled to pre-loss condition. Architecting product-ready electrical design including component selection
· Working with electrical, mechanical, thermal and manufacturing systems on collaborative projects with subject matter expert (SME) Technicians, Engineers, and Customers. Installing various systems, wires, connections, relays, fuses, etc. Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical and electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Complete special projects as assigned
· Perform periodic calibrations of data acquistion tools and equipment in accordance with ISO 17025 and IATF 16949 standards. Maintain accurate and timely records of validation/calibration test data, quality control results and files for the Test Engineering Department
· Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on electronic equipment such as motors, conveyors, mechanical components, or electrical wiring and electical components for electronic equipment
Required Education and Experience
· 2 year Technical degree or in lieu of degree, 4 years of equivalent position experience
· Bachelors degree desired
· Troubleshoot electro-mechanical assemblies to the component level
· Use test equipment and systematic procedures for troubleshooting, overhaul, fault isolation, and report of electronic and electro-mechanical systems
· Perform soldering and electronic repair. Utilize various electronic test equipment, such as meters, oscilloscopes and power supplies
· Must possess a valid drivers license.
Skills and Abilities
· Basic computer skills
· Knowledge or experience with vehicle electrical systems (desired)
· Basic mechanical maintenance abilities
· General soldering experience Surface Mount Technology, Through the Hole Technology, Printed Curcuit Board rework and wiring
· Terminal crimping for a variety of contact types. Work well on a team or independently. Close attention to detail
· Exhibit strong organizational skills. Communicate clearly and effectively. Able to understand and interpret engineering terminology
· Exhibit solid customer service and interpersonal skills
· Exhibit familiarity with proper safety procedures
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: San Angelo
Nearest Secondary Market: Abilene
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Maintenance, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing