Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Kasondra Davis
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
This position is responsible for supporting Goodyear’s business needs by using department tools and processes to provide support to department engineers. The type of support is technical in nature but does not require an engineering degree.
· Support engineers/scientists to help meet internal & external customer requirements. Support overall department by following department processes.
· Follow procedures & checklists to analyze tire products with FEA. Follow testing progress, compare test & FEA results & provide test results summary to engineers. Conduct basic FEA modeling & post-processing using DEW & Quickmesh.
· Create CAD or CATIA drawings. Perform data queries, analyze data in Excel spreadsheets or other forms.
· Conduct compound-formula reconstructions. Conduct maintenance of test compound inventory for testing. Conduct plant compound sample management including requests, lab studies & test data formatting.
· Support evaluation of products or technologies by writing test request & summarizing test results. Coordinate the samples & testing requirements with external partners
Required Education and Experience
· Technical Associates Degree or equivalent certification
· Prior industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
· Basic understanding of science & technology in the appropriate discipline.
· Ability to carry out assignments in a logical fashion using existing technology & standardized methods.
· Basic comprehension of statistical design & analysis, cause & effect analysis & manufacturing processes.
· Basic organization, communication & problem-solving skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software preferred.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Technician, Maintenance, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering