Requisition ID: 51092
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
This position, within Product Development Americas, will support product development initiatives in the Aircraft Product categories. The candidate will work in a team environment, seeking solutions to technical challenges, introducing new products for the global marketplace, maintain and modify existing products, and utilizing lean principles to enhance global standards and processes.
• Develop products that meet internal and/or external customer requirements
• Support and enhance processes, methods, and procedures significant to product development
• Translate product requirements into product design features
• Contribute to the manufacture of quality products, and the enhancement of manufacturing processes
• Work in a team environment towards bringing new product technologies to market
• Strong communication skills [written/oral] in presenting data and information to others
• Work with Global manufacturing plants to support product development
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree - Mechanical Engineering or related field required
• Experience in similar disciplines is considered a plus
• School project or activity involvement.
• Co-op/Squad experience desired.
Abilities and Skills
• A basic understanding of science and technology in applicable disciplines
• A basic comprehension of statistical design and analysis; cause-and-effect analysis; risk analysis; lean principles
• Display data interpretation skills, and the ability to apply this skill to product development
• Ability to accomplish assignments in a logical fashion, using existing technology and standardized methodologies
• Basic organization, communication, and experimentation skills
• Knowledge of Computer Aided Design is desired.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, Quality Assurance, QA, Engineering, Quality, Technology