Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
The Senior Staff Enterprise Application Engineer for Commercial IT will be responsible for delivering high performance IT solutions to GE Lighting’s commercial teams. This will include interacting directly with Commercial stakeholder, process owners and users to understand needs and identify opportunities for improvements, architecting solutions, providing leadership & guidance to AMS teams, and driving root cause analysis for issues and problems to avoid recurrences.
· Serve as the technical leader/expert for all aspects of IT related to order management, pricing, rebates, sales & use tax, and B2B integrations and solutions, with responsibility for designing and implementing Commercial-related IT services.
· Work in various project roles and areas – Solution Architect, Business Analyst, Interface Design, Configuration, Testing, Go-live, Support, User Change enhancements, Troubleshooting, Rollout and End-User Training. Work as part of a team to plan and execute project delivery. Identify scope, time, cost, quality, and risk for areas of responsibility.
· Create and review functional and technical specification documents; ensure project compliance with software quality processes.
· Interact with business teams for requirement gathering and analysis. Understand and model the business processes.
· Work in Interface development, including real-time interfaces, and data migration relating to master and transactional data.
· Skilled in assessing application / service performance and improving it through design and best practices. Skilled in data structures and interfaces for information exchange across platforms.
· Direct and guide service providers for the successful implementation of project work. Understand the importance of improving quality through testing and advocate for the same. Manage the change management process for order management, pricing, billing, GTS, and B2B objects. Skilled in processes methodologies and build, release & deployment processes.
· Expert in breaking down problems, identifying solution paths, and estimating time / effort for configuration and development tasks. Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
· Understands capability of enterprise solutions; makes sound decisions around configuring software vs engineering software. Applies existing technology to solutions and is skilled in designing programmatic capabilities where required.
· Understands business process and optimizes both process and utilization of enterprise applications. Understands whole enterprise solution or service, its components and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the Commercial area. Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
· Collaborate with other enterprise application engineers, BASIS, Security and Infrastructure teams, as needed, to achieve priorities.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (or other relevant technical field) from accredited institution.
· A minimum of 10+ years of experience in SAP SD functional delivery, leading developers, along with demonstrated leadership across functional areas.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
· Authorized to work in the US
· Demonstrated SAP architectural experience.
· Design and implementation of large enterprise ERP solutions.
· 6 years SAP experience from a design and implementation standpoint.
· Experience as the primary contact between IT and business executives.
NOTE: The technology stack includes SAP-SD, Vistex, GTS, Sabrix, SFDC, and EDI. This role reports to the Sr Director Technical product management for Commercial IT & Analytics.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).