GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Technology
Responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion in a limited manner.
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Possesses domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimising/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 6 years of professional experience
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Experience in Backend development technologies (e.g. Java, NodeJS, MongoDB,)
• Experience developing large-scale enterprise applications
• Hands-on experience in design and implementation of web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.) using JSON, and SQL databases such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience in utilising Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
• Mobile Web using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS is a big plus.
• Ability to write unit tests for developed code
• Ability to work with Quality Assurance to ensure quality code releases using automated and manual testing
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com