GE Power Portfolio
Power Portfolio Steam Power
This role will primarily entail assisting the O&M Superintendent with the planning, co-ordination and execution of planned and unplanned maintenance of the relatively New Boiler Plant, water treatment plant and BOP.
There will be on occasions a requirement to assist with and support the operations technicians in the safe and efficient operation of the Boiler plant, associated equipment and services. This may on occasions involve shift working as part of the core working hours. This aspect will require a minimum 3 month training and development to achieve the required Operational knowledge of the plant which will form a large part of the role.
The position will involve a high level of operational experience gained on site but will also incorporate a degree of mechanical/electrical or C&I maintenance and therefore experience of one of the three disciplines will be required by the successful role holder. Potential candidates will also need to have a sound technical ability, self-confidence, motivation and flexibility to satisfy the requirements of this prestigious Contract for GE Steam Power.
The day to day role of the Operational Shift Relief Technician will be dependent on the varying needs of the site, but will broadly include some or all of the following within the New Boiler Plant:
· Within the scope of the GE Steam Power business scope on site and in support of the Client, work to the maximum capability, carrying out all that one can in a safe and efficient manner.
· Ultimately provide Shift Relief Support to the Operational team by becoming fully competent to operate the plant during all modes of operation. Competency based training specific to the plant operation will be given whilst employed in your role whilst also supporting client needs for maintenance.
· Perform routine planned and reactive maintenance duties within your competent discipline whilst ensuring relevant information for the upkeep maintenance is documented within maintenance records in a clear and concise manner. Ensuring that equipment pertaining to the safe and efficient operation of the plant is maintained at all times.
· Support where necessary the O&M Superintendent during periods of outage management, Planning and co-ordination of activities ahead of and during planned / unplanned plant maintenance outages. This to include preparatory works and the organisation and management of sub-contract services to support the safe and efficient execution of maintenance activities.
· Ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and / or procedures are adhered to and a culture of continuous improvement is employed. The role holder will be expected to plan, co-ordinate and perform plant isolations (Operational / Mechanical or Electrical) dependent of core specialisation, to issue permits for work once authorised in accordance with agreed procedures.
· Comply with operational, maintenance and commercial requirements to optimise output and performance from the Boiler Plant as defined by the O&M Superintendent.
· Provide assistance to the O&M Superintendent & Client in trouble shooting on plant / systems, supporting productivity initiatives, increasing technical awareness of best practice and improving plant performance
The ability to carry out planned maintenance activities in one of the following disciplines is a pre-requisite of the role and therefore a recognised qualification of a tradesman/apprentice or NVQ/ONC would be required in any or number of these disciplines:
· Mechanical Maintenance
· Electrical ( LV & HV ) – essential requirement
· Control & Instrumentation – desirable
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com