GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Design, build, deliver and maintain software applications & services. Working in the areas of machine, cloud, platform and/or application. Responsible for full software life-cycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
Focus on Engineering Tools:
• Responsible for designing IT and software tools for use by engineering teams to design, test, measure, and validate components, flows, and temperatures in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
• Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
• Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
• Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
• Delivers products as part of a team.
• Works on cross functional teams.
• Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
Focus on Digital Thread Project:
• Design, build, deliver and maintain software applications & services.
• Working in the areas of machine, cloud, platform and/or application.
• Responsible for full software life-cycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
• Develops product build and release procedures.
• Works independently and contributes to the immediate team or other teams across businesses to implement end to end build and release procedures for a single release or multiple releases
• Support the studies for integration of Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) across design tools and enterprise software.
• Be very hands-on and part of engineering team's day-to-day developer activities.
• Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
• Communicating with end users, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
• Lead development phase of Global Engineering applications and support implementation process of PTR Digital Thread Project.
• Take part in training and implementation of PTR tools in Units.
• Provide technical support to local plants
• After completing development of technology specific rules and tools, assist with implementation in the receiving PTR Units.
• Aware of the company and local EHS policies, rules and standards. Showing exemplary behaviors on EHS. Coaching, supporting and monitoring of EHS implementations in his/her team and area of responsibility. Performing the preventive/corrective actions in collaboration with EHS team to avoid the accidents, incidents and environmental damages.
• Bachelor's degree from Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development incl. engineering Tools development.
• OR Master degree with 3 years of experience in software development incl. Engineering Tools development.
• Demonstrated coding experience with at least one of the following language C# with VB and Java with knowledge of data interchanges with XML is desired
• Good skills in writing of unit testing and coding to make sure that individual units are working as expected.
• Good level knowledge of SQL coding and tuning experience
• Being familiar with key Digital Security topics: Cyber Security, Data Protection, User Protection, Intellectual Property, etc.
• Understanding of general concepts related to Cloud infrastructure.
• Having the knowledge in 3D CAD parameterization is a plus
• Good level of English
• Ability to quickly assess and make recommendations (rapid problem solving) regarding issues
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills with having the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Ability to deliver results in uncertain world
• Understanding of overall system architecture, reliability, and performance in a database environment
• Experience troubleshooting application and system performance and complex, production software issues
• Experience designing and leading database performance benchmarks.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services technology
• Being familiar with the concept of Product Life-cycle Management
• Hands-on experience in testing open source databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience in testing commercial databases (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2) is a plus
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com