Aviation Supply Chain
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician - 2nd shift will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
This is an offshift position - 2nd shift
· Produce prototype and low - rate production hardware and transition new, turn - key processes into Supply Chain shops
· Operate full - scale equipment such as: CMMs, profilometers, and CT scanners
· Effectively use metrology tools such as micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges
· Gather, record, compile, and interpret quality control data
· Conduct experiments and inspections on assignment processes, working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
· Take ownership for assigned lab areas including maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, environmental health and safety, and shop cleanliness
· Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other customer / company requirements
· Provide input into design of production inspection tooling and gauging
· Perform first article, in-process and final part inspection.
· Support Continuous Improvement activities and methods. (ie. RCCA, supplier quality control, GEAPS report)
· Participate in internal audit activities (specific to work area and scope of work)
· Daily communication with leadership and customer / vendor to solve quality challenges
· Support manufacturing engineering and quality systems during quality control activities (at final inspection)
· Support manufacturing engineering with process reviews (before jobs are released)
· Collect and input process capability data
· Support QC process control activities with SPC, Gage R&R, etc.
· Document / disposition NC's and submit MRB
· Maintain calibration of gauges
· Support cross training initiatives
· Site layout and design of quality room
· Advanced inspection techniques (CMM programing, airflow, farro arm, etc.)
· Flexibility in schedule to work an offshift position - 2nd shift
· High school diploma / GED
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering (an Associate's degree from an accredited school or institution in an engineering or manufacturing discipline may be substituted for experience)
· Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to meet business requirements
· Ability and willingness to work an offshift position - 2nd shift
· Experience in quality and/or inspection
· Experience using statistical tools and concepts (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
· Experience performing design of experiments and associated documentation
· Experience working a team-based environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.