The Quality Intern will be involved in supporting GE’s ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System) related business, by doing internal quality and information security audits, being involved in process improvements and changes, and improving the new employee on-boarding supporting material.
Interns will be introduced to Energy & Power domains and will be guided on related technologies and software we use. Interns will be guided by structured goals and will have responsibilities that support our business. Interns will be fully coached, trained by a mentor(s) and they will have a strong support network of experienced staff that are able to help them on technical problems, soft skills and time management. The intern will gain exciting real-world quality and information security experience at a thriving company.
This role would suit someone who welcomes challenges, works as part of a team in diverse environments and is able to work with people remotely across different cultures. Our objective is both to support your growth and development and equip you with skills and knowledge that will help you to have a successful start to your career.
The Quality Intern will be able to gain and use their skills and are encouraged to identify new ideas or methods in their work.
The role requires the intern to get in contact with local and remote colleagues in their day-to-day job which would require interpersonal, soft and presentation skills. Such an exposure would help them to hone the soft skills under our guidance and make them more adaptable and proficient as they work with the teams.
All interns will partake in an ‘Intern Project’ over the course of their year of employment. It is an intern led, intern run project which can be seen as a self-contained project aimed at improving and refining aspects of their skill set. It is something that is aimed to help build teamwork, time management and overall skills for the intern within the GE work place and also the project will benefit the company with new tools/applications/methodologies delivered. All Interns from each department take part in this and work together to achieve an overall goal.
Skills our previous interns said they gained:
· Leadership skills, presentation skills and many of the interpersonal skill set.
· Managing discussions, listening and engaging in meetings.
· Building team working capabilities in a friendly and professional way.
· Time management through time budgeting.
· Gaining confidence through stakeholder interactions.
· Being able to make an impact on the business.
· Being able to network with other people in a professional environment.
· Following Degree paths accepted: Business or Technical (eg Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering).
· Versed in MS Office Suite of products.
· Good command of English Language and appreciated if you know other European languages.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to accurately follow work process instructions
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website .
· Initiative taking and implement new ideas
· Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
· Good team spirit and co-operative approach.
· Independent learning and critical thinking.
· Good Interpersonal skills, Communication skills and presentation skills.
· Being responsible for the task given and get the job done.
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .