GE Digital is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE’s business.
Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
In this role, you will:
• Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
• Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
• Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
• Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
• Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
• Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
• Implement system-level integration testing
• Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
• Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding
• Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
• UI and API test automation skills are required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience in IT industry with expertise in product validation and test automation.
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Must be able to develop automation for both backend and UI using tools (e.g. Protractor, Selenium, RestAssured etc).
• Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java or Java Script code and/or shell scripts for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
• Experience testing Web applications and web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com