Aviation Human Resources
The Designer Co-op will be responsible for the design and engineering definition of assigned projects that are required to meet business goals. This role includes the solving of engineering problems, development of designs, and the creation of Computer Aided Design (CAD) models and engineering drawings for GE Aviation components.
· Create CAD models and associated drawings in a linked model environment using UG NX and Teamcenter
· Convert engineering concepts and basic technical requirements into functional product definition designs
· Create definitions of parts in the form of 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection
· Determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing capabilities
· Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Product Definition Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
· Concurrently manage multiple projects and ensure quality and schedule requirements are met
· Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
· Meet required degree of Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical, Industrial Design, or related degree
· Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate program
· Completed on full year of college (rising sophomore)
· Legal Authorization to work in the US
· Due to access to export-controlled information, you must be one of the following: (1) US Citizen or national; (2) US permanent resident; (3) Person granted refugee status; (4) Person granted asylee status or Beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, or (5) other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Working knowledge of UG NX and Teamcenter
· Ability to manage electronic data files in a structured database environment
· Exposure to sketcher-based design methodology
· Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
· Proficiency in higher math, trigonometry, descriptive geometry, and statistics
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software packages (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you’re passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world’s toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.