Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
The Product Cyber Security Engineer will bring to market our next generation of innovative, industry leading products by leveraging your development experience and interest in cyber-security to develop and execute embedded product security strategies for connected home applications. You will have the opportunity to learn and apply the latest security architectures and principles to the analysis, testing and development of state-of-the-art embedded IoT technologies.
· Define embedded product security objectives, analyze product architectures for security vulnerabilities, evaluate threats and define threat vectors, qualitatively assess security risk, define and manage product security requirements, coordinate and conduct security testing
· Grow the organization's capabilities by sharing your knowledge of cyber security tools and methodology, and your hands-on experience with analyzing and conducting penetration tests on embedded product technologies
· Interface with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and other senior leadership within the company
· Create a competitive advantage for GE by developing efficient and innovative product security strategies which reduce project risk and yield more secure product designs
· Promote a culture of product security engagement across the organization which emphasizes shared responsibility in securing GE Lighting products from potential cyber threats and vulnerabilities
· Capture new business opportunities by developing product security approaches to meet customer needs, participating in technical trade studies and generating cost estimates for product security support
· Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as Cyber Intelligence, Systems Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Integrated Logistics Support, and Quality Lead technical investigations to determine validity and applicability of vulnerability claims made against GE Lighting products or components
· Contribute to the development of product security engineering design practices and work instructions that support the development and continuous improvement of products and services
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in systems, software or hardware engineering development
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mobile, Cloud, IoT technologies.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Prior knowledge of embedded cyber-security principles
· Experience applying RTCA and/or NIST guidance on cyber security assessment methodology
· Experience with the development and implementation of electronic, network, or data security related controls (encryption, digital signatures, secure boot, access control, password management)
· Experience with reverse engineering, penetration testing and/or vulnerability testing tools and techniques
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to guide and influence others
· Demonstrated process orientation in approach to work
· Extensive experience in product development and testing
GE Lighting: Bringing the Future to Light
We started with the light bulb, an invention that fulfilled the basic human desire to see and experience more of the world. Today, light still delivers on that promise. But, it does so much more.
At GE Lighting, we’re not just reinventing the light bulb. We’re reinventing the productivity, wellness and security that comes with it. We’re extending beyond the bulb to access new markets, we’re scaling smart and we’re leading in a world where lighting drives value in our homes from the socket to the switch to the smart phone…and the cloud in between.
Our innovators think bigger and bolder to deliver for our customers and transform spaces no one else has, and we’re using that grit to lead into the next 130 years, where new outcomes and opportunities are robust…yet still as simple as screwing in a light bulb.
GE Lighting. Bringing the Future to Light
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).