Healthcare USA & Canada
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and work with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
· Act as a member of the MV Service Operations team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
· Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
· Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
· Apply principles of SDLC Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD, CI, methodologies to deliver high quality, secured and scalable software modules.
· Evaluate monolithic applications and provide plan to recode to a containerized architecture.
· Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
· Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
· Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent.
· 0-3+ years of professional experience as a Software Developer or Engineer
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel as needed
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Waukesha, WI
· Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy, JAX-WS, Web Services)
· Experience with database languages & tools (MySql, Postgres, JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring Data)
· Experience with modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
· Experience with Java development.
· Experience developing platforms in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Experience with scripting languages (Perl, bash, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc)
· Experience with networking protocols and tools for troubleshooting
· Knowledge of rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules)
· Knowledge of containerized applications with Docker and Kubernetes.
· Solid understanding of current design patterns & MVC.
· Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
· Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
· Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
· Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
· Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
· Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
· Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
· Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
· Demonstrate the ability to help team members
· Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
· Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
· Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).