Houston, Cranberry Township
Power Power Conversion
Provide technical & troubleshooting support to customers using Power Conversion Products. Power Conversion products involve medium voltage variable frequency drive system including large power equipment like transformers, switchgear etc.
As the MV AC Drives Field Support Engineer you will:
· Provide technical & troubleshooting support to GE commissioners, installers, maintainers, and OEM’s using Power Conversion Products
· Provide on-site training for Power Conversion Equipment
· Devise quality measurements, data gathering & analysis on controls & power components
· Report quality findings, trends, and recommendations
· Team with product designers to define product testing, publish documentation
· Apply lessons learned to increase knowledge throughout the PC business
· 4 Year Engineering/Technical Degree and/or related field experience
· Minimum 2 years or more experience with power conversion industry, PLCs, SCADA, MV drives, motors, compressor pumps, MV switchgear, transformers, Ethernet network devices
· Ability and willingness to travel 10-25%, on short notice
· Ability and willingness to obtain passport & driver’s license
· Willing to be certified for Offshore work
· 2-5 years field experience electrical troubleshooting or experience providing technical support
· Mind for safety, working with medium voltage equipment
· Self-starter with ability to work with minimal direction, resourceful
· Adaptable to easily work with people of varying global environments and disciplines: field, manufacturing, engineering and marketing
· Experience with MV large AC drives
· Working in the Marine or Offshore environment
· International travel experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).