Under the SW delivery team manager responsibility, the Market system support engineer is in charge to support, set up, to integrate, to test and to validate the various software parts of a MMS project (Market Management System) based on e-terra products and architecture including:
o Electricity markets
o Critical IT systems
o Trading platform
o Near real-time applications
The candidate will be based in Riyadh / Saudi Arabia and must be working to support National Grid MMS system
o J2EE – 5+ years – mandatory
o Object oriented design (UML, design patterns) - 5+ years – mandatory
o Advanced software architecture knowledge (multi-tier architect, service oriented, ESB, workflow jBPM, multi-threading, redundancy, security, high-performance implementation, redundancy, resilience, caching …) - 5+ years – mandatory
o RDBMS – 5+ years Oracle, MySQL - mandatory
o Web/Application servers: JBOSS, WebLogic, Apache, IE, AJAX, STRUTS, SPRING - 5+ years – mandatory
o Others: jBPM, Java object-to-relational persistence architecture (Hibernate), XML parsers libraries, webservices, software management tools - 5+ years – mandatory
o OS: Windows, Linux RedHat - 5+ years – mandatory
o Continuous integration - 3+ years – important
o IDE: Eclipse- 5+ years – important
o Microsoft .Net experience- +3 yeas - important
o Third-party software installation/deployment/configuration (RDBMS with advanced configuration like Oracle RAC, dataguard), web servers installation/deployment/configuration with advanced configuration (cluster, load balancing), application servers installation/deployment/configuration with advanced configuration (cluster, load balancing), network settings (LAN etc …), code management, IDE - 5+ years – important
o Security: PKI, Authentication, RSA Secure Identification, Encryption - 3+ years – important
o Infrastructure & Directory Services: AD / DNS, LDAP, Radius DHCP, WSUS - 3+ years – important
o HW Infrastructure (HP/IBM servers, SAN/NAS equipment, Virtualization (VMWare), …) - 3+ years – important
o Software architecture documents
o Source code management
o Team work
o Continuous integration, Testing experience
o Report progress, issues to software development team lead
o Make sure the code produced is as per specifications, as per coding standards (comments, documentation, jUnit, cyber-security)
o Minimum Bac + 5 specialization in IT, computer science
o At least 3 years of experience in a similar position and of preference in the industry is required.
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction
• Effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams
• Positive attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers.
• Strong common sense and logical reasoning skills.
• Familiarity with remote monitoring and diagnostics solutions and concepts
• Exceptional troubleshooting, customer service, and analytical skills
• Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach
• Can work independently to develop and implement a process that identifies ongoing customer needs; identifies and prioritizes account growth opportunities and proactively presents new, value based solutions to client; focuses on continuously providing value to client; consistently grows and/or seeks new business opportunities within account base.
• Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
• Listens attentively; reads and exhibits proper body language in a collaborative setting to drive effective discussion; captures specific formation from the audience and validates it back to them for acceptance; ensures that the information was properly understood by reading verbal and non-verbal cues; asks both open and closed questions in a logical order to gather critical information.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com