Aviation Supply Chain
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Loco team, the Jr. Engineer (Welder), is responsible for welding and Fabrication of structural components. Shall also be responsible for Safety, process tryouts and developments, continual improvement projects, Kaizen, 5S, LEAN principles. Shall be responsible to perform the job as per set standards and procedures and to implement the QMS procedures, policies.
• Knowledge of industry safety practices
• Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
• Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
• Responsible for setup, grinding and sound welding as per EN standard,
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining welding machines & tools for efficient defect free output
• Responsible for Self-inspection (VT) as per the drawing/standard requirements
• Responsible for production as per production plan.
• Ability to learn and work on various digital tools,
• Ability to use heavy machinery, such as Maini, cranes etc.,
• Must comply to all EHS requirements & actively support EHS programs in the plant.
• Maintain consumable record and keep the stock of minimum requirement.
• Maintaining healthy working atmosphere by 5S tools.
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. First Class Diploma in Metallurgical / Mechanical / Production Engineering.
3. 2 to 3 Years of Experience in Engineering industry – with firsthand experience of welding and related activities
4. Experience / Knowledge of Various welding process,
1. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
2. Strong organizational skills, MS office skills.
3. Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
4. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills (English, Marathi).
5. Team Player
6. Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Six Sigma Methodology.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com