GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
This role reports to the Director – Regional Teams and will lead the APAC/China regional team, currently two direct reports. The position is responsible for implementing and deploying an industry best practice Trade Compliance program across the region to facilitate the mitigation of import, export, boycott and sanctions risks. Focus will be placed on process integration of import and export regulations into key business and functional procedures via the corporate ITC Playbook.
• Lead the APAC regional ITC team and set consistent priorities and direction
• Primary ITC advisor for China.
• Advise business and functions, including logistics, on inquiries related to cross border transactions.
• Support APAC/China Compliance Review Board meetings, as requested.
• Monitor and analyze impact of regulatory changes in the region and advise the business and various stakeholders on how BH will comply with the new regulations
• Lead the implementation of the ITC Playbook in China
• Conduct training for business and functions in region, in coordination with Product Company ITC leaders, as needed.
• Conduct Logistics Providers audits, as required.
• Support Product Company ITC leaders with investigations APAC/China.
• Manage compliance audits conducted by external parties such as Customs and other regulatory agencies in region.
• Provide M&A support to ITC Integration Leader and Product Company ITC leaders, as needed.
• Conduct Trade compliance due diligence and risk assessment of third parties such as customers, vendors and subcontractors.
• Coordinate with Logistics in the application of in-country export control licenses for licensable goods when required, in coordination with the classification and licensing (Technical) team.
• Coordinate with various stakeholders on duty savings programs such as FTA, Repair and Return, Customer Master List Program, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, International Trade, or Finance.
• Knowledge of Customs Valuation, Tariff Classification, Preferential Trade Agreements, Country of Origin, Free Zone Regulations, US Export Control Regulations, Economic Sanctions and Anti-Boycott regulations. Knowledge of various in-country import and export rules and regulations is important and good understanding of the compliance risk profile of region countries
• 10 years of trade compliance experience in a managerial role in a multinational company preferably in the oil and gas industry. Requisite experience to conduct training on various trade compliance topics.
• 10+ years experience in conducting trade compliance risk assessments, reviews and audits.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Must be fluent in Chinese
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
• Effectively collaborate and communicate strategically with various levels of management and colleagues in a global environment.
• Good knowledge of corporate compliance programs and culture.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
• Experience and comfort with technology.
• Effective and diplomatic communicator.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.