GE Gas Power
Gas Power Global Supply Chain
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic will be an experienced mechanical trade technician supporting the operation, maintenance and improvement of system-controlled robotics, machine tools and equipment. Working from manuals or verbal instructions identify and evaluate condition to repair and rebuild. This is a Union Position with an hourly range beginning at least at $25.56/hour and dependent on qualifications, but topping rate of$34.48/hour. The progression to new rate is every 6 months
As the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will:
· Work without direction on standard preventative maintenance and extensive repairs. Diagnose problems, plan and complete work required, identify and order parts
· Maintain and modify machine tools, conveyors, process equipment, facilities including spindles, pumps, motors, guarding, drives, bearings, lead screws including lubrication fluids and coolant
· Strong mechanical and hydraulic fundamental and safety knowledge (schematics, precision measurement tools, LOTO)
· Associate's / AOS Degree in a Mechanical Discipline OR High School Diploma/GED with Military Machinist Training Course ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to work off shifts and weekends
· Minimum 3 years work experience in Manufacturing Facility in a technical maintenance role
· Ability to apply knowledge of components, devices and equipment used in industrial equipment applications and the related mechanics including various machine tools, measurement devices, lathes
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).