Power Gas Power Systems
The Industrial Crane & Elevator Mechanic will diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform mech and elect repair, maintenance and modifications to industrial overhead cranes, jib and gantry cranes and elevators. Rig, move, and erect a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment, parts, and assemblies. This is a Union Position with an hourly range beginning at least at $25.56/hour and dependent on qualifications, but topping rate of$34.48/hour. The progression to new rate is every 6 months
As the Industrial Crane & Elevator Mechanic you will:
· Work without direction on standard preventative maintenance and extensive repairs
· Diagnose problems, plan and complete work required, identify and order parts
· Maintain and modify crane assemblies and all related equipment and facilities including, motors, guarding, drives, bearings, controls, gear boxes, etc
· Strong mechanical and electrical fundamental and safety knowledge (schematics, precision measurement tools, LOTO)
· Associate's Degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Discipline OR High School Diploma/GED with Military Advanced Courses ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to work off shifts and weekends
· Minimum 3 years work experience in Manufacturing Facility in a technical maintenance role
· Ability to apply knowledge of components, devices, and equipment used in industrial crane and elevator applications and all related mechanic and electrical requirements
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).