Aviation Human Resources
Serve as the first point of contact for people leaders and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. Execute our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and drive HR functional excellence and process improvement. Serve as the Human Resources Manager for hourly, unionized employees and their leadership team in Lynn, MA.
· Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on:
· Employee advocacy/engagement
· HR fundamentals and process training
· Employee relations management
· Performance management
· Career development
· Talent assessment, acquisition and retention
· Workplace investigations, as appropriate
· Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
· Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
· Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
· Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
· Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
· Lead site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups
· Serve as the Human Resources/Employee Resources Team subject matter expert for one HR specialty area (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll/Benefits, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in related area (or a high school graduate/GED or equivalent with at least 6 years of relevant work experience)
· Minimum 3 years prior professional work experience (can include internships)
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
· Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
· Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
· Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
· Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
· Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
· Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
· Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
· Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
· Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
· Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
· Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
· Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
· GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
· PHR/SPHR certification
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).