Aviation Supply Chain
The Tool Designer creates & designs tooling and fixtures using NX CAD modeling and drafting systems. The candidate will design fixtures and tooling to create solutions to production issues, incorporate lean manufacturing techniques, and incorporate standardization of common production parts. The candidate shall have expertise in NX CAD modeling, AutoCAD, drafting/print making/reading, metal stock selection, 3D printing, 2D layouts and value stream maps and fit and assembly of parts.
• Develop specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and models design of product using NX and/or AutoCAD.
• Examine current or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures to design modifications regarding construction and function of part
• Develop and design templates and library part models to improve design accuracy, standardization, and efficiency
• Share 3D Print duties with other designer(s) for the tool room: used to rapid prototype, create tooling, and other uses as needed
• Create and/or analyzes work orders, blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions to visualize shape of a part or tool and determine material required
• Input dimensions, plan layout, and determines assembly method of sequence of operation
• Inspect and verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances
• Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your EHS and Tool Room Leader.
• Work with cross functional teams to suggest cost saving ideas and develop best practices in fixture and tooling design
• Perform other duties as directed.
• 3+ years' experience designing tools and fixtures required
• Experience taking models to 2D prints required
• Associates Degree in a CAD related area of study or equivalent experience
• Bachelor Degree in engineering discipline preferred
• Knowledge and experience with TeamCenter, print creation, and management
• Outstanding organization and documentation skills
• Strong critical thinking skills using logic and analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses
• Possesses a strong commitment to team environment while working well with others
• Well-versed in analyzing, creating, and interpreting blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
• Ability to apply understanding of machine systems to design, fabricate, maintain, and identify improvement possibilities
• Working knowledge of machine troubleshooting problems and determine solutions
• Solid understanding of mathematics and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Well-versed in designing for hydraulics, welding, pneumatics, brazing and soldering
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and NX CAD & AutoCAD systems
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.