GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
Responsible to lead the quick resolution of technical issues which affect the reliable operation of the GE wind turbine fleet in Australia. Working closely in cooperation with Services team, the respective Engineering, cross region Fleet Reliability (FRO) function and other cross functions to improve the turbine performance based on statistical data, responding to ServiceNow cases, performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and driving corrective and preventive action.
In this role, he/she will work closely with Services, Sourcing and Design Engineering teams to support technical issues affecting the wind turbine across various wind farms where land constrained turbines are installed, fully leverage cross region FRO expertise to develop both corrective and preventive actions, validate the effectiveness of corrective actions and support the implementation of those actions across the affected fleet.
· Provide quick response/technical support/resolution via ServiceNow to field teams to ensure smooth turbine operation for pre-COD and post-COD units.
· Work closely with Services team to ensure availability and reliability of responsible fleet
· Work with 1st level/ROC/FleetEx tools to understand the fleet performance and take necessary actions by your own
· Collect and analyse data from the affected wind turbines, perform analyses as required
· Develop physics based hypotheses explaining the issue, take measurements on operating turbines if required, develop corrective actions, validate the corrective actions, and support the teams implementing the solutions across the fleet.
· Transfer and follow-up of design improvements and retrofits to the Top Issues Team via TIRB
· Creation of work instructions and verification of technical wind turbine documentation
· Collaborate with other Renewables functions to determine root cause and define both corrective and preventive actions for fleet issues with time bound manner.
· Collect operational data, either from standard turbine or custom instrumentation, to aid in finding root cause
· Perform, or lead an outside supplier, to either run experiments or analyses that aid in finding root cause
· Validate the effectiveness of proposed fleet solutions and support their implementation in the fleet
· Effectively present the results of the technical issue resolution process both internally and to customers
· Support commercial and technical discussions with our suppliers to achieve field quality issue resolution
· Prepare technical information letters and manage clear and consistent communications for internal and external customers
· In depth knowledge on 3x wind turbine mechanical components such as gearbox, pitch gear system, yaw gear system, composite blades, bearings and other sub-systems, structures are considered as ideal candidate for this role
· Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university in regular stream preferred.
· Minimum of 6 years of professional technical experience with minimum of 3 plus years of technical experience in wind turbine design or equivalent power generation engineering function.
· Hands-on experience in ANSYS, Unigraphics
· Flexible to travel up to 20% of the time as required domestic and internationally on short notice.
· Fluent in English with effective written and oral communication skills, possess strong presentation and good training skills and can manage multiple work fronts and assignments concurrently.
· Strong technical analysis skills (ability to propose physics based models and validate them with data analysis)
· Prior experience with GE WTG operability systems/ System integration
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English
· Field experience would be an added advantage
· Ability to make decisions and to accept responsibility
· Strong quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects and problems
· Ability to work with multicultural teams, strong team player
· Ability to work within structured work methods
· High flexibility and motivation with customer centric and problem-solving mindset
· Willingness to climb turbines when necessary, ability to work at heights without any restriction
· Willingness to travel to customer sites at short notice (*at time within hours to start) to resolve technical challenges
· Flexible with a can-do attitude, willing and able to work with Leadership, Internal and external stakeholders including Site teams, Contractors and Sub-contractors whilst maintaining a proactive and prominent relationship with the operational client.
· Attention to detail and willingness to comply with Local legislated and corporate compliance requirements is a must.
· Possess an ability to recognise gaps and opportunities to simplify, improve and implement applicable solutions, strive to learn and develop in their career.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com