Aviation Supply Chain
Set-up and operate all types of numerically controlled and manual milling, turning, grinding, boring, drilling and related machine tools. Perform complicated precision operations to close tolerances working from verbal and written instructions, and at times, sketches, and operation sheets.
• Will complete inspection of major and minor parts, sub-assemblies, assemblies and components to determine the accuracy of workmanship and functional performance. Dimensional inspection of parts and assemblies, including identification of non-conformance characteristics per instructions/procedures with improvised setups using height gages, surface plates, indicators, etc.
• Perform CVP audits as required. Support of standard gages via the gage exchange crib.
• Perform assembly, pressing, forming, bending, hand benching, finishing and sub assembly operations using a variety of hand and power tools.
• Perform any and all cell support duties including, but not limited to, machine lubrication and cleaning, trucking, parts cleaning and general shop housekeeping. Required to work with minimum or no direct supervision.
• Definition for this occupation is for identity only; it does not detail all operations performed or required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 2 years
• High School Diploma or GED
• Intermediate to advanced math skills
• Minimum 6 months of machining experience with CNC lathe and/or mills
• Minimum 1-year being milling or turning
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a combination of the following: milling, grinding, drilling, boring, or turning experience
• Ability to run CNC multi-axis and manual equipment concurrently, as needed
• Aptitude and/or experience in the use of measuring and inspection tools such as micrometers, plug gages, height gages, surface plate, etc
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).