Budapest, Brno, Warsaw, Krakow, Bucharest
GE Power Portfolio
Power Portfolio Steam Power
Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania
This role will provide an opportunity to work with a cross-functional team on specific aspects of the innovation and patenting cycle across GE’s Steam Power business. The successful candidate will be responsible for prosecuting and managing a global patent portfolio including drafting patent applications in cooperation with outside patent counsels and acting as the European representative before the European Patent Office for European applications.
This role will encompass:
· managing idea generation and advising the Patent Evaluation Boards on patentability
· opposition and enforcement work, including oral hearings
· patent searches, freedom to operate analysis, prior art searches
· managing a network of outside patent counsels
· regular annuity and cost reviews with budgetary targets
· supporting M&A transactions by identifying patent portfolios
· European Patent Attorney, preferably also qualified or experienced in working with a patent office of another European jurisdiction.
· Technical background in electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent, with experience in rotating equipment.
· Significant experience drafting and prosecuting of patent applications.
· Experience in leading and supervising external counsel in drafting and global patent prosecution
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Capable of devising innovative IP strategies.
· Strong awareness for cost aspects related to decisions to be taken during the patent lifecycle.
· Knowledge of laws, regulations, practices and procedures relating to patenting in Europe, US and Asia.
· Interpersonal skills to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
· Fluent in English, fluency in German considered a strong asset.
· Technical experience of working in the Power business.
· Experience with the Anaqua patent management tool.
· Experience acting as European representative before the European Patent Office.
· Experience prioritizing competing demands to make real time decisions/recommendations in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly identify & prioritize issues, develop process-driven solutions, and effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com