Sweden, United Kingdom
This role will provide an opportunity to work with a cross-functional team on specific aspects of patent strategy across GE’s Biopharma business. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting patent applications and prosecuting a global patent portfolio, including acting as the European representative before the European Patent Office for European applications. The role can be based either in our office in Amersham (UK) or Uppsala (Sweden).
This role will also encompass:
· general IP counseling
· managing idea generation
· opposition work
· freedom-to-operate reviews
· licensing and enforcement
All GE employees may be considered for this role. Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction.
· European Patent Attorney.
· Technical background in electrical, chemical or mechanical engineering, software, physics or equivalent.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Capable of devising innovative IP strategies
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Knowledge of laws, regulations, practices and procedures relating to patent procurement in Europe, US and Asia.
· Technical experience working in the life sciences or healthcare sector, advantageously: in bioprocessing; fluidic; and/or electromechanical control fields.
· Experience acting as European representative before the European Patent Office.
· Experience prioritizing competing demands to make real time decisions/recommendations in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly identify & prioritize issues, develop process-driven solutions, and effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
· UK-Qualified Patent Attorney (not essential, and not applicable for employees
applying from Sweden).
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .