GE Global Operations
Global Operations Controllership
As European Engineering Controller you will partner with local site finance teams to execute on this key area within the controllership organization and aid the team in other areas as needed. You will work with site finance and ERP specific IT teams to deliver strong accounting and to ensure compliance across all operations. The role requires subject matter knowledge and experience, independence in problem solving and decision making, helping to drive simplification and consistency across sites.
· Complete site-specific project/engineering accounting requirements and tasks monthly and quarterly
· Work closely with the US project accounting team to ensure consistency and accuracy in processes
· Drive local site compliance within processes and ensure process controls are in place as appropriate
· Administer standardized accounting procedures in line with GE policy, local accounting regulations and US GAAP
· Prepare and/or review account reconciliations
· 606 accounting for local sites
· Support site P&L teams in understanding their risks and opportunities as they relate to the engineering/project accounts
· Written and verbal fluency in English
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges
· Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business clients
· Compliance & controllership mindset
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Knowledge of ERP platforms (Oracle)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· competitive salary - close date 20th January
Advertised from 20th December 2018 until 20th January 2019.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and working alongside their team. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem-solvers who are passionate about exploring new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver tomorrow’s GE, today. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .