The Aero / Thermal Systems Propulsion Engineer is a dynamic entry level role that demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will be an integral part of the SPOCT (Systems, Performance, Operability, Controls and Transient Analysis) team supporting both Commercial and Military Next Generation engine architectures and current fielded products.
As the Aero / Thermal Systems Propulsion Engineer, you will:
· Develop engines to meet the operability requirements throughout the flight envelope
· Conduct and analyze stall testing in rigs, ground tests and flight engines
· Lead audits of engine operability, thrust response, starting and flameout
· Analyze the aero / thermal impacts of operating in inclement weather
· Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements
· Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
· Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
· Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
· Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
· Ability to work on government secured program with varying ranges of security clearance
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited university or college
· Ability to obtain and/or maintain government security clearance
· Minimum of 1 year in an engineering role
· Minimum of 1 year in gas turbine engineering position
· MS in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or college with experience in inlet distortion
· Skilled in aircraft engine system design and integration
· Skilled in the development and qualification process
· Aware with aerodynamic compression components (Fan, Booster, Compressor)
· Aware with gas turbine engine performance cycle design and analysis
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Demonstrated cross functional team experience
· Ability to influence others
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.