GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Hydro
The Hydromechanical Engineer will join the hydromechanical engineering team - responsible for technical studies and design of hydromechanical equipment (gates, stoplogs and penstocks) for hydropower projects across the world (both new and refurbishment projects).
Will be specifically in charge of project execution for already awarded projects – meaning calculating & designing the various components.
· Design the hydromechanical products (stoplogs, gates and penstocks) with respect of delay, cost, safety and reliability, according to project contractual requirements and international standards and codes.
· Coordinate the internal/external product designers performing the drawings.
· Work closely with the hydromechanical experts from other regions (Europe) who ultimately validate technical solution and design.
· Master degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Automatism Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience.
· First experience in mechanical design of steel structures.
· Good verbal and written English skills and Portuguese as well.
· Proven ability to work with cross-functional and global teams.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills and a positive energy.
· Knowledge of international standards for hydromechanical equipment (DIN19704).
· Cranes design standard (FEM & EN13001).
· Safety of machinery (EN12100).
· Mechanical structural calculations (Eurocode).
· Knowledge of hydraulic hoist systems and/or electro-mechanical and/or electro-hydraulic operating devices (Hoist kinematics, Hydraulic and Instrumentation diagram, P&ID, Electrical diagrams) applicable to heavy structures is a plus.
· Experience on project management.
· Spanish, French and/or Portuguese is a plus.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com