GE Gas Power
Gas Power Engineering
The Engineer - Mechanical Component, develops and tests World-Class Gas Turbine Engine Components and Systems that deliver industry leading durability, performance, cost, operability, and customer value in a fast-paced, inspiring global team environment that values collaboration and transparent candid communication.
As the Engineer - Mechanical Component you will:
· Design, develop, test, and analyze advanced technology gas turbine components and systems
· considering cost, performance, operability and reliability
· working as a member of a design team.
· Innovate to solve mechanical problems that drive best-in-the-world gas-turbine performance while meeting durability and reliability challenges on industrial gas turbine engines for power generation.
· Support manufacturing development, defect disposition/reduction and cost reduction of turbine components.
· Develop solutions using CAD and communication with Product Definition Engineers
· Utilize hand calculations and FEA to optimize designs against acceptance criteria and
· communicate clearly to design team leaders, effectively documenting and presenting results
· Conduct testing of components and systems to validate the design
· Interact with engineers across the globe and with internal/external design and manufacturing
· teams to meet schedule and delivery targets.
· Develop and protect the Intellectual Property rights of GE
· Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
· Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
· Demonstrated strong mechanical-design fundamentals
· Gas Turbine Component and System Design Experience
· High-temperature mechanical design and finite-element analysis experience
· Unigraphics (UG) experience or similar CAD/CAE system
· Experience with GD&T
· Advanced technical degree
· Knowledge of aerodynamics, heat transfer, gas turbine performance, flow analysis, cost/value analysis
· Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
At GE's Gas Power, we're pushing the boundaries of what's possible within gas power generation to help our customers achieve the right balance between power plant performance and environmental sustainability. Our world-class portfolio of gas power systems and services utilizes the centuries of experience and has expanded across the entire plant
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.