The BioPharma Commercial Controller will ensure compliance with relevant accounting policies, primarily rev. rec. under US GAAP. They will provide technical accounting advice and support on deal structures and commercial offerings.
A first priority for this role will be to ensure the readiness for the BioPharma sale, including the impact of change to the accounting policies. Close partnership with the Commercial Team, Commercial Finance and with the other Commercial Controllers is essential.
A first priority for this role will be to ensure the readiness for the BioPharma sale, including the impact of any change to the accounting policies. Close partnership with the Commercial Team, Commercial Finance and with the other Commercial Controllers is essential.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Business partnering
· Provide deal support to ensure contracts are structured to enable timely order and revenue recognition
· Work with the Commercial Team to ensure compliance to commercial policy in a practical way whilst advocating for the customer Provide support on Commercial policy and revenue recognition in line with US GAAP
· Update business on any changes to policy and process, and provide training where needed to relevant stakeholders
· Drive accurate revenue recognition and orders reporting, including framework and pan-European agreements with BioPharma global customers
· Ensure the Business Finance Managers and Customer Service teams are connected with changes in the accounting organization and processes and maintain high service levels through liaison with the Commercial R2R team
· Commercial excellence
· Keep the company financially safe and compliant
· Work closely with other Commercial Controllers to ensure consistency and best practices across BioPharma
· Approve revenue recognition workflows, contract review workflows (CCAP), and tender workflows
· Complete monthly and quarterly financial close processes including revenue accruals and deferrals analysis, reseller determination and red/ green day analysis
· Lead automation and simplification initiatives to reduce manual work within Controllership and Operational teams
· Partner with the Global Operations Finance Team to ensure accurate record-to-report process
· Support external and internal audits and ensure SOX compliance where applicable
THIS ROLE HAS BEEN SCOPED AS PART OF THE BIOPHARMA DISPOSITION. UPON CLOSE OF THE TRANSACTION, THE EMPLOYEE WILL TRANSFER TO DANAHER, SUBJECT TO CUSTOMARY REGULATORY APPROVALS AND, WHERE APPLICABLE, CONSULTATION WITH WORKS COUNCILS.
· Qualified accountant with previous post qualified experience
· Fluent in English, written and spoken
· Proficiency in U.S. GAAP or another internationally recognized accounting framework and authoritative accounting literature
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
· Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Excellent technical accounting skills
· External focus: capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance leaders, need strong communication skills being able to breakdown complex rules to simple guidelines and explanations for non-financial people
· Clear thinker and problem solver: successfully led projects or process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
· Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
· Adaptable and flexible: being open to change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
· Prior experience of using Oracle and Qlik Sense tools
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .