GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
During this 1-year internship, you will work among a talented and motivated R&D team, applying transformer monitoring technologies such as On-line Dissolved Gas Measurement, Bushing Measurement, Circuit-Breaker Monitoring amongst others. The scope of the team is unique, covering fundamental research on new measurement technologies, through to advanced Cloud based Industrial Internet concepts and deployment.
· Develop and release embedded software according to defined requirements and the software development cycle
· Develop, design, code, test and debug embedded software across a range of micro-control architectures, from simple 16 bit standalone, through to complex multi-processor solutions
· Work collaboratively with the hardware designers to optimise software/hardware partitioning
· Investigate, understand, develop and improve existing embedded systems and architecture
· Completed at least 2 years study of degree level education or equivalent experience or knowledge in an Embedded Systems or applicable engineering/scientific background
· Programming experience in any language e.g. C, C++, Python etc.
· Familiarity with software development management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
· Ability to get projects/tasks across the line, to a high level of quality and within deadline and scope
· Can communicate effectively to team members with and without coding/embedded systems experience
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to work successfully within a geographically distributed team
· Understanding of digital signal processing and implementation in embedded systems
· Experience with C programming language
· Familiarity with RTOS and associated coding practices
· Experience of algorithm design, development and testing using standard toolsets e.g. Labview, MATLAB, Simulink, etc.
· Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us atGE Renewable Energy .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .