Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
The Embedded Systems Engineer is accountable for carrying on systems engineering activities and supporting the implementation for various Sub-Systems/Elements within the Computing and/or Networking Platforms organization
· Define and maintain System level requirements for various Sub-Systems/Elements from a high-level product
· System Level Verification, define/create test cases, test procedures, run system integration testing and produce results reports
· Provide technical and implementation support to software/hardware development teams on products requirements and specifications
· Execute software and hardware systems integration activities
· Coordinate execution of software and hardware teams, supporting delivery on time, cost and scope
· Participate on product line boards and execute on product roadmaps
· Work with others in the analysis, design, test and/or integration related to assigned components, assemblies or process systems that meet business standards, practices and procedures, and meet the product/program requirements
· Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design Customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government/Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated to substantiate the assigned components, processes and/or systems is consistent with engineering policies
· Participate in technical and program reviews
- Utilize tools and formal methodologies to document and improve business products/processes
· Performs reviews, technical and quality assessments of product artifacts
· Participate in the implementation of innovative analysis, design, development concepts, processes and system solutions
· Participate in organizational efforts in design, analysis, test and manufacturing technology, quality and productivity initiatives
· Support the development of component assemblies, processes or systems and solve complex problems
· Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data
· Provide the technical engineering support to improve or resolve design, performance, manufacturing, supplier or field issues
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics,
Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
· Experience on Systems Engineering (requirements
management, hardware/software integration, system-level verification)
· Experience in engineering product development (hardware,
firmware and/or software), ideally within computing/networking programs
· Experience of interfacing hardware to software
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable
engineering tools and systems
· Knowledge on Real Time Operating Systems design
· Knowledge of communication protocols (I2C, JTAG,
Ethernet, CAN, PCI, PCIe, SPI).
· Knowledge on Linux development Environment (POSIX,
threads, shared memory).
· Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and
· Experience with FAA/EASA/NAA certification, airborne
software, safety critical applications.
· Ability to lead teams in Agile development and
integration of systems.
· Real Time Operating Systems, System on a Chip
(SoC/MPSoC), Custom Logic (FPGA),
· Previous experience with Computing platforms (A653)
· Previousexperience with computer networking/communication
protocols (PCIe, SPI, A664, A429)
· Previous experience with ARP4754, DO-178 and/or DO-254.
· Experience on Linux or VxWorks development environment.
· Previous experience with IBM-RTC,
DOORS and GEARS tools
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com