Grand Rapids, Clearwater
Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
Looking to be in a role that provides technical expertise to support the design, development and testing of predictions and vertical functions of a Flight Management System (FMS)? Join this dynamic avionics team and you will utilize expertise to problem solve, develop and execute objectives for yourself and others! Validate system requirements and author embedded software for avionics systems and sub-systems!
· Work in a multidisciplinary team, architect, design, develop, and update functionality for real-time embedded avionics software
· Identify, evaluate, and occasionally develop engineering tools / processes necessary to meet the project's engineering and business goals
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments while maintaining a focus on safety and reliability
· Conduct Problem Report (PR) investigation and resolution
· Participate in software structural coverage analysis and test for 100% coverage of airborne software
· Participate actively in software design and code reviews
· Write functional test cases and procedures, to verify functional requirements
· Develop software verification strategies and test procedures to verify software functional requirements
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific/engineering principles and practices
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related Technical discipline from an accredited college or university
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Strong understanding of the Performance and Vertical trajectory relative to the aircraft flight path
· Hands-on experience developing and testing Flight Management Systems (FMS) software
· Experience in embedded Military and Commercial Avionics product development
· Experience with the embedded software development lifecycle within Aerospace or similar controlled industry
· Working knowledge with using Ada, C and C++ languages, RTOSs, or Model Based Development in a DO-178B Avionics development environment
· Strong interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in Avionics Development to MIL-STD and DO-178B/C Standards and embedded product development
· Familiarity and experience with state-of-the-art model-based development, software implementation, testing, and robustness methods
· Experience of a Graphical Modeling Language with Simulation (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Statemate, Scade, Enterprise Architect)
· Experience participating in requirements definition / trace, architecture planning, design implementation, documentation, testing, verification, and production support efforts
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.