Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Engineering Technician 3 works in a hands-on capacity in our Engineering Manufacturing Development Facility in a highly technical environment. This role will work with a team to utilize drawing and parts from engineering to build complex boards. The technician will have the opportunity to work on a variety on projects that are in development. This is an excellent opportunity to grow in an innovative environment.
· Assemble complex electronic circuit card assemblies including high-density fine pitch components suing hand-soldering techniques. The only expected directions required are the engineering blueprint and parts lists
· Technologies include Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Leadless Chip Carrier (LCC)
· Through Hole technology, various connector technologies, wire crimp, flex circuits, and rigid flex technology
· Minimal instruction from more experienced technicians is acceptable
· Perform mechanical assembly of product and subassemblies through the use of common hand tools as well as precision equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, etc.
· Working under magnification devices
· Maintaining required reports
· 2 year Technology Degree from an accredited school or institution and 3 years of relevant experience ( Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical field)
· Knowledge of hand assembly of electronic equipment with the skills to accomplish that assembly
· Knowledge of electronic component and assembly handling techniques such as ESD
· Basic knowledge for recognition of electronic components is mandatory
· Computer literacy and typing (Office applications such as Word and Excel)
· Ability to read and work to engineering mechanical and electronic assembly drawings including schematics
· Knowledge of circuit theory is not required but a definite plus
· Attention to detail
· Excellent eye-hand coordination with fine motor skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Previous experience corresponding with outside suppliers
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.