GE Gas Power
Gas Power Global Supply Chain
The Electro – Mechanical Maintenance Technician safely and independently performs preventive, routine and reactive maintenance tasks. This role is at Metem, a GE Power business. Metem offers cooling hole technologies in the power generation and aerospace industries to increase engine efficiency. We offer one of the most comprehensive suite of non-conventional and conventional machining services in a sophisticated, knowledgeable, experienced, flexible, environmentally conscious way.
As the Electro – Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will:
· Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on various types of machinery and equipment
· Repair, assemble and install components for hydraulic systems
· Rebuild, install, and align pump assemblies
· Perform inspections on electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic systems
· Perform calibrations on pressure, temperature, voltage and other control and measurement systems
· Repair and install piping
· Document work activities using CMMS
· Associate's Degree in a technical field from an accredited university or college (OR an High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience)
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (OR related Military Training)
· Ability and willingness to work overtime and weekends, as required
· Ability and willingness to qualify for / utilize specialized personal protective equipment as required for the position, including arc flash and fall protection
· Ability and willingness to obey all safety rules, including wearing personal protective equipment (i.e., steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection in designated areas)
· Legal Authorization is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, nor or in the future, for this job opening
· Troubleshooting skills
· Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, mechanical / electrical schematics, and other specifications to determine repair method for failed components
· Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic principles
· Strong technical and troubleshooting capabilities
· Proficiency in electro-mechanical systems, servos, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, and industrial controls
· Experience with PLC, CNC, and other electronic controls
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to learn quickly with strong problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.