GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
Ireland, United Kingdom
The Wind Services Engineering Intern will be responsible for assisting the Irish Wind Services Management Team in the coordination of technical and engineering related items and issues from initial identification through to the implementation of solutions and monitoring of their performance. The position will report directly to the Field Operations manager.
The Engineering Intern is responsible providing clear visibility of all technical and engineering issues across our fleet and help the Services Team to drive the efficient management and closure of technical cases to help increase customer satisfaction. The Engineering Intern will be responsible for the following:
· Creating and maintaining tracking registers for customer, warranty and turbine type technical and engineering cases for GE’s fleet in Ireland & other specific sites as required;
· Communicating with GE support functions, such as; Engineering, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality to drive closure of technical and engineering cases;
· Assisting the Services Management Team and Field Teams to help support the collection of data and evidence to build and resolve cases;
· Support and assist with the creation of technical documentation such as; incidents and investigation reports and other processes, procedural documents.
· The Engineering Intern should be studying either degrees in Electrical or Electronic, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience;
· Structured method of working and analytical abilities;
· Familiar with MS-Office applications;
· Strong English language ability in both verbal and written communication.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds and an ability to communicate with colleagues from around the globe;
· Desire to work in a fast paced office;
· Ability to shift focus quickly.
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us atGE Renewable Energy .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .